On Wednesday, August 24th, SEJ Think Tank was joined by Anne Ahola Ward, CEO of CircleClick, for a webinar presentation about the latest SEO trends and developments as they relate specifically to the mobile screen.
Anne’s 20–minute presentation was followed up by an informative Q&A session, led by Loren Baker, the Founder of Search Engine Journal.
Highlights from Anne’s presentation:
- With more than half of 100 billion monthly searches occurring on mobile devices, there’s no reason not to venture into mobile.
- 62% of organic searches display different results on desktop vs. smartphone. This trend is only expected to increase.
- Search is the most common starting point for mobile product-based searches.
- What is visible on the page without action is what gets us to scroll. Be worth the trouble of scrolling.
- The most viewed area of a webpage is just above the fold, at about 550 pixels, with just over 80% viewership.
- Speed is king. Make sure that your page loads fast, and reap the rewards.
- There is no dominant platform, always consider Nth possibilities.
Resources and Links
Watch the Full Presentation Below:
View Anne’s Slides:
Join Us for Our Next Webinar!
Join our next webinar by Rocco Baldassarre, Founder & CEO, Zebra Advertisement titled “Boost Your Revenue 100% With Cross-Channel Advertising” on September 7th, 1pm EST to learn proven strategies to increase revenue streams through cross-channel advertising. Learn best practices from the pro, and learn how to roll them out to your own brands!
Featured Image: Image by Paulo Bobita