Get to know all the fundamental components of pay-per-click marketing in this in-depth guide from SEJ.
Pay-per-click (PPC) marketing is a complex field that can be overwhelming for beginners.
There are so many considerations you have to deal with even before you can place your first ad. (Think account organization, ad targeting, budgeting, copywriting, bidding, and a whole lot more!)
Plus, there are seemingly countless terms and acronyms that you must learn. (Quality Score? Ad Rank? CTR? ROAS? CPC? WTF?)
Despite these difficulties, PPC – when done right – is incredibly valuable for businesses and brands of all sizes who want to grow and be profitable. To get ahead in paid search advertising, you first need to understand the basics.
Search Engine Journal’s ebook, PPC 101: A Complete Guide to Pay-Per-Click Marketing Basics, offers a comprehensive overview of paid search advertising essentials.
We created this in-depth guide to help aspiring search marketers in understanding the fundamental elements that make paid search campaigns successful.
Read PPC 101: A Complete Guide to Pay-Per-Click Marketing Basics and learn:
- The definition of pay-per-click advertising and how paid search marketing works.
- Why PPC is beneficial to advertisers and how they can develop a solid PPC strategy.
- The important components and performance metrics of a PPC campaign.
- And so much more!
Check out the ebook’s 16 easy-to-digest chapters, written by some of the best paid search practitioners in the field.
- What is PPC & How Paid Search Marketing Works
- 7 Powerful Benefits of Using PPC Advertising
- The 8 Best PPC Ad Networks
- How to Develop Your PPC Strategy
- What Is Quality Score & Why It Matters
- What is Click-Through Rate & Why CTR Is Important
- What are Keywords & How they Work in PPC
- Ad Group Best Practices: How to Create & Structure Your Ad Groups
- What You Need to Know About PPC Budgets & Bidding
- A Complete Guide to PPC Ad Targeting Options
- 10 PPC Copywriting Best Practices for Extra Effective Text Ads
- Everything You Need to Know About Ad Extensions
- A Complete Guide to PPC Ad Formats
- A Beginner’s Guide to Google Shopping Ads
- The 10 Most Important PPC KPIs You Should Be Tracking
- 13 of Today’s Top PPC Experts to Follow
Our expert chapter authors include:
- Ilya Cherepakhin
- Dan Gilbert
- Adam Heitzman
- Pauline Jakober
- Aaron Levy
- Andrew Lolk
- Melissa Mackey
- Michelle Morgan
- Corey Morris
- Adam Proehl
- Chandal Nolasco da Silva
- Lisa Raehsler
- Frederick Vallaeys
- Kirk Williams