Loren Baker, the Founder of Search Engine Journal and Co-Founder of Foundation Digital, joined the SEJ ThinkTank on November 30th to share his link building expertise. Following his 45-minute presentation, he answered questions from attendees about the most effective ways to build – and keep – links.
The video recording, Loren’s slides, and the resources he mentioned during his presentation are listed below. Here are few highlights from the webinar:
Building Links in 2016
Loren gave a nearly hour-long presentation filled with examples, tools, and resources about link building. Here are a few highlights from his presentation. For a full recap, watch the video or view his slides below.
- Focus on building links to sites that are likely to grow and become more valuable over time.
- Create resources, like infographics, which are likely to get linked to from bigger sites.
- Majestic Trustflow is a close indicator of how much a site is trusted by Google. You can use this to determine if a site is worth getting a link from.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for links when a site mentions your brand, just take the time to build a relationship first.
- Directories are not dead, but you do need to make sure they are well-respected by Google.
Resources From Loren’s Webinar
Watch Recorded Webinar
View Loren’s Slides
Join Us for Our Next Webinar!
SEJ’s Chief Social Media Strategist, Brent Csutoras, joins our next SEJ ThinkTank webinar for a 25-minute presentation and a short Q&A session to share the most important steps you need to take to be successful on Reddit.